Thursday 27 May 2010

Salvation

It is incredible to think upon salvation. The fact that God so loved the world that he gave his only son. That through jesus' death and resurrection we have been reconciled to God. That Jesus surrendered himself to death on a cross so that we might be free of sin and live for eternity. That he first loved us and invites us into fullness of life, into a relationship with him.

I love the fact that today Jesus longs to make himself known to those who dont know him, and to love and embrace those who have stepped away from him.

There once was a man who had two sons. The younger said to his father, 'Father I want right now what's coming to me.' So the father divided the property between them. It wasnt long before the younger son packed his bags and left for a distant country. There, undisciplined and dissipated, he wasted everything he had. After he had gone through all his money, there was a bad famine all through the country and he began to hurt. He signed on with a citizen there who assigned him to his fields to slop the pigs. He was so hungry he would have eaten the corncobs in the pig slop, but no one would give him any. That bought him to his senses. He said, “All those farmhands working for my father sit down to three meals a day, and here I am staving to death. I'm going back to my father. I'll say to him, Father, I've sinned against God, I've sinned before you; I dont deserve to be called your son. Take me on as a hired hand.” He got right up and went home to his father.

When he was still a long way off, his father saw him. His heart pounding, he ran out, embraced him, and kissed him. The son started his speech: “Father, I've sinned against God, I've sinned before you; I don't deserve to be called your son ever again.”

But the father wasn't listening. He was calling to the servants, “Quick. Bring a clean set of clothes and dress him. Put the family ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Then get a grain-fed heifer and roast it. We're going to feast!” Luke 15


Tonight there is a party like this in heaven!

Thank you Jesus that you came down for me.
Thank you Jesus that you died on the cross for me.
Thank you Jesus that you paid the price for me.
Thank you Jesus that you first loved me.
Thank you Jesus for the life you give me.

No comments: