Thursday 5 May 2011

first night

The night before last was my first night out on the streets. It was great to meet up with old friends and familiar faces. I’m really feeling excited about what is going to happen this season. I love the anticipation of things to come that all are feeling at the moment.

I am loving this story that I read recently. A man named Joshua was commanded to lead the Israelites into “the promised land” after Moses had died. No big deal, the leader of all these people has just died and you are to take them forward over the river on the next leg of the journey into the promised yet unknown land.

His words were simple but powerful:

“As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and courageous…”

I love this and am holding on to the awesome truth that is said to us by our father in heaven. I know that there are many more, deeper and exciting things to come. I’m so grateful that we all have a loving father in heaven who is with us and will never leave us. I for one am going to take great strength and courage from that.

its hotting up again on the white isle!

No comments: